We are currently in the process of planning the surgery’s seasonal influenza and covid vaccination plans for this Autumn. With assistance from Winchester PCN , surgeries are organising two mass vaccination programmes scheduled to begin in October. These programmes will cover Seasonal Influenza and the COVID Autumn Booster.
Patient will receive SMS messages or telephone calls as soon as they are able to book appointments.
We respectfully ask that patients do not phone the surgery for Influenza or covid vaccination enquiries.
Please complete the survey below to enable us to tailor our vaccination programme to suit our patients this year. https://forms.office.com/e/XXVevLSh6B
Appointments will be available on various weekday mornings and evenings, as well as during weekend sessions, providing a wide range of choices for your convenience. The vaccination programs will take place at Badger Farm Surgery in Winchester, located at SO22 4QB. This site offers ample free parking and is easily accessible via a bus route.
The eligibility criteria for the 2023/24 Seasonal Influenza vaccination are as follows:
- Individuals aged 65 years and over
- Individuals aged 6 months to under 65 years who are part of clinical risk groups
- Pregnant women
- All children aged 2 or 3 years as of August 31, 2023
- Primary school-aged children (from Reception to Year 6)
- Individuals residing in long-stay residential care homes
- Carers in receipt of carer’s allowance, or those who are the primary carer of an elderly or disabled person
- Close contacts of immunocompromised individuals
- Frontline workers in social care settings
The eligibility criteria for the COVID-19 Autumn Booster vaccination for the 2023/24 period:
- residents in a care home for older adults
- all adults aged 65 years and over
- persons aged 6 months to 64 years in a clinical risk group, as laid out in the Immunisation Green Book, COVID-19 chapter (Green Book)
- frontline health and social care workers
- persons aged 12 to 64 years who are household contacts (as defined in the Green Book) of people with immunosuppression
- persons aged 16 to 64 years who are carers (as defined in the Green Book) and staff working in care homes for older adults.
Regards The St Clements Team